The World Road Race Championships 2013 come to Tuscany for the very first time in its history!
This is a great opportunity to join us for a week long holiday or short break were you will have the opportunity to see at first hand a wide range of events, cycle on most of the routes including the 2 main climbs before all the events head to Florence to the finish.
Plus enjoy as part of your world road race championship holiday you can after watching the events cycle daily to many medieval towns & vilages enjoy cappucino breaks, light or hearty lunches…head for the wonderful coastline of Versillia, medieval walls of Lucca, Vinci, Spa Town of Monetactini Terme,to name but a few.
Make sure you plan ahead as demand for bike hire & accommodation will be very sought after.
Gusto Cycling will be able to offer during the world road championship travel packages and provide a variety of services to help you maximise your stay by enjoying the championships but also the opportunity to visit Tuscany’s rich medieval history and experience the excellent food and wine which Tuscany is famous for as well discover the delights of the area by cycling.
Arrive Monday 23 September – 7 nights accommodation see details..
1) Private transfer from Pisa or Florence Airport
2) 7 nights bed and breakfast in Montecatini Terme – 3 star hotel or 4 star hotel
3) Daily Cycle ride with cycle guide
4) 5 Dinners with wine in different locations offering excellent Tuscan Cuisine in Lucca, Montecatini Terme, Montecatini Alto and amazing steak restaurant in the hills above Montecatini
5) Minibus service back up…
6) Watch the World Championships starts in Montecatini Terme on the
Wednesday – Mens Elite Individual Time Trial
Friday – Junior Mens & Women’s Elite World Championship Road Race
Saturday – Mens Under 23 Road Race Championship
7) Mens Elite World Road Race Championship Sunday – private transfer to Fiesole and from a private exclusive location watch the world road championship at 3km point of the climb of Fiesole we will watch the worlds best cyclist pass 10 times…. From this private location we will have light Lunch.
8) Cycle tour guide service throughout your stay
9) Mechanical assistance/support throughout
10) Return transfer to Pisa/Florence Airport
11) Day trip to Florence by train/local bus service
12) 1/2 day visit to Pisa by train/bus service
13) Gusto Cycling back up team throughout
Complete price – £2,100 per person based on twin/double bedroom share in 3 star hotel.
Single Room supplement £250
For 4 Star Hotel £2,350 per person for twin/double bedroom share
Single Room supplement 4 star = £250
If you require a carbon road racing bike for the duration of the week subject to availability will cost £230
We can offer you during the world road race championship a week long stay based in Montecatini Terme in hotels…allowing you to watch and experience the week long events…you will be close to all the action but also the opportunity to cycle to many area’s of historical interest…there are many beautiful area’s to discover…for the non-cyclists there is ample opportunity to enjoy your holiday also as public transport TRAIN OR BUS SERVICE is so easy you can visit Florence, Lucca, Pisa Viareggio OR THE FAMOUS Cinque Terre.
* Airport Transfer
* Self Guided routes
* Carbon or Hybrid Cycle Hire
* Gusto Cycling support
* Self guided tuscany cycle tours
route details of the world champs
There is a 7 night package on offer
Based on these dates you get the chance to see;
25/9 Wednesday – Start from Montecatini – Mens Elite Individual Time Trial
27/9 Friday – Start from Montecatini Women’s & Mens Junior road race
28/9 Saturday – start from Montecatini Mens Elite under 23
29/9 Sunday – Professional Road race – Lucca – Montecatini Terme to Florence
I have secured for Sunday a fabulous location to watch the Professional road race on the climb of Fiesole for a testing and twisting 16.6km finishing circuit that includes a 4km climb to Fiesole just outside Florence. My location is a small private residence off the main road and is located at the 3km point of the climb with 1km climb to go to the top of Fiseole, this is an ideal circuit for Froome or Wiggo….The race comes past here 10 times!!..here you will lunch and drinks with a number od private viewing locations (Well above the local tifosi) as seen from the pictures below all civilised stuff!
for further details contact